PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. B. Ghaddar and J. Naoum-Sawaya, “High Dimensional Data Classification and Feature Selectionusing Support Vector Machines”, accepted in European Journal of Operational Research, 2017.
2. B. Ghaddar, M. Claeys M. Mevissen, and B. Eck, “Polynomial Optimization for Water Networks:Global solutions for a valve setting problem”, accepted in European Journal of OperationalResearch, 2017.
3. M. Berlingerio, B. Ghaddar, R. Guidotti, A. Pascale, and A. Sassi, “Social and green: a data-drivenapproach for more enjoyable carpooling”, accepted in Transportation Research Part C, 2017.
4. J. Naoum-Sawaya, and B. Ghaddar, “Formulations and Solution Approaches for the Network flowInterdiction problem”, Journal of the Operational Research Society, accepted January 2017.
5. X. Kuang, B. Ghaddar, J. Naoum-Sawaya, and L. Zuluaga, “Alternative LP and SOCP Hierarchiesfor ACOPF problems”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, accepted September 2016.
6. B. Ghaddar, N. Sakr, and Y. Asiedu, “Spare Parts Stocking Analysis using Genetic Programming”,European Journal of Operational Research, 252(1): 136-144, 2016.
7. B. Ghaddar, J. C. Vera, and M. F. Anjos, “A Dynamic Inequality Generation Scheme for PolynomialProgramming”, Mathematical Programming Series A, 156(1): 21-57, 2016.
8. B. Ghaddar, J. Marecek, and M. Mevissen “Optimal Power Flow as a Polynomial OptimizationProblem”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 31(1): 39-546, 2016.
9. J. Naoum-Sawaya, R. Cogill, B. Ghaddar, S. Sajja, R. Shorten, N. Taheri, P. Tommasi, and R.Verago, “Stochastic Optimization Approach for the Car Placement Problem in RidesharingSystems”, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 80: 173-184, 2015.
10. B. Ghaddar, J. Naoum-Sawaya, A. Kishimoto, N. Taheri, and B. Eck “A Lagrangian DecompositionApproach for the Pump Scheduling Problem in Water Networks”, European Journal of OperationalResearch, 241(2): 490-501, 2015.
11. J. Naoum-Sawaya, B. Ghaddar, E. Arandia, and B. Eck, “Simulation-Optimization Approaches forWater Pump Scheduling and Pipe Replacement Problems”, European Journal of OperationalResearch, 246(1): 293-306, 2015.
12. M. F. Anjos, B. Ghaddar, L. Hupp, F. Liers, and A. Wiegele, “Solving k-way Graph PartitioningProblems to Optimality: The Impact of Semidefinite Relaxations and the Bundle Method”, Facets ofCombinatorial Optimization, 355-386, 2013.
13. B. Ghaddar and J. Naoum-Sawaya “Environmentally Friendly Facility Location with MarketCompetition”, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 63: 899-908, 2012.
14. B. Ghaddar, J. C. Vera, and M. F. Anjos, “Second-Order Cone Relaxations for Binary QuadraticPolynomial Programs”, SIAM Journal on Optimization, 21(1):391-414, 2011.
15. B. Ghaddar, M. F. Anjos, and F. Liers, “A Semidefinite Programming Branch-and-Cut Algorithmfor the Minimum k-Partition Problem”, Annals of Operations Research, 188(1): 155-174, 2011.
16. B. Ghaddar, J. C. Vera, and M. F. Anjos, “An Iterative Scheme for Valid Polynomial InequalitiesGeneration in Binary Polynomial Programming”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, IPCO XV,207-222, 2011.
17. J. Naoum-Sawaya, and B. Ghaddar, “A Fuzzy Adaptation Method for Improving Link Utilizationand Reducing Network Delays in IEEE 802.11e Wireless Ad hoc Networks”, Ad Hoc & SensorWireless Networks, 9(3-4): 203-222, 2010.
18. H. Artail, H.Safa, J. Naoum-Sawaya, B. Ghaddar, and S. Khawam, “A Simple Recursive Schemefor Adjusting the Contention Window Size in IEEE 802.11e Wireless Ad hoc Networks”, ComputerCommunications Journal, 29(18): 3789-3803, 2006.
New Conic Optimization Techniques for Binary Polynomial Programming Problems. [Download]
A Branch-and-Cut Algorithm based on Semidefinite Programming for the Minimum k-Partition Problem. [Download]