Eric Luvisotto, Technology Transfer Officer, WatCO, is interested in meeting with WISE members to answer any of their IP questions and to discuss the possible protection and commercialization of their Intellectual Property.
If interested, please contact Eric Luvisotto:
Eric Luvisotto is a registered Canadian Patent Agent (2003) and earned his Master's and Bachelor's degrees in Engineering from the University of Waterloo.
He has many years of experience in the field of Intellectual Property (IP), having dedicated his career to IP in 1999. His career spans a wide variety of experiences, including working for two Canadian IP law firms, founding and running his own company, and working "in-house" for a large automotive parts manufacturer.
In 2008, Eric accepted the position of Technology Transfer Officer with the University of Waterloo's Waterloo Commercialization Office (WatCo). In this role he analyzes new ideas for patentability and commercial potential; he also seeks out potential receptors of these new technologies and negotiates licensing agreements with them. He is also involved with the creation of start-up companies if the technology merits this pathway.
UW has perhaps the most generous IP policy of any university. We never take ownership away from the inventors and 75% of Revenues (net patent costs) go back to the inventors. The remaining 25% of revenues is given back to UW in a 50/50 distribution (12.5% goes to the inventors Faculty and the remaining 12.5% goes to the university's coffers).
Eric is a guest lecturer on Intellectual Property, having created an "IP 101" presentation and an "IP Case Study", for faculty and students at the University of Waterloo. He is also routinely a co-presenter at UW to various groups (including the Institute of Quantum Computing, Optometry, New Faculty, Post Doc's, Grad Students, etc.) on WatCo, UW's IP policy and IP in general. He has also given a talk to the Licensing Executives Society, co-presenting with UW's VP of University Relations, Tim Jackson.
Eric has a great personal interest in renewable energy and energy conservation. He would be more than happy to meet with WISE members to answer any of their IP questions and to discuss the possible protection and commercialization of their Intellectual Property.