The CCEMC is now inviting Express of Interest (EOI) for projects that will reduce or avoid greenhouse gas emissions, or enhance carbon sequestration, through the use of biological organisms such as plants, animals or microbes.
The Climate Change and Emissions Management (CCEMC) Corporation is an independent organization that supports and builds on the strategic direction established in Alberta's 2008 Climate Change Strategy. It also recognizes the direction set by Alberta's Carbon Capture and Storage Development Council and seeks to complement decisions made on large carbon capture and storage (CCS) projects.
The CCEMC is now inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for innovative projects that will reduce or avoid greenhouse gas emissions, or enhance carbon sequestration, through the use of biological organisms such as plants, animals or microbes.
Submission due: February 21, 2014
The scope of this EOI includes projects that:
• Discover, develop and/or deploy transformative practice change in the forestry, agriculture, municipal waste handling and/or energy sectors,
• Develop or modify bio-processes,
• Replace non-bio-based feedstocks with bio-based feedstocks,
• Develop and manufacture novel bio-products,
• Use biological organisms or bio-based materials to reduce emissions in non-biological industrial systems.
Note: Use of biological organisms to manufacture bioethanol or biodiesel transportation fuels is not included in this scope.
Proposals must be submitted online through the Climate Change Information Management System at www.CCEMCadmin.ca
For application and more information, please visit: CCEMC