Message from OCE:
Ontario Centres of Excellence's Market Readiness Product Launch Program in Energy companies commercialize promising technologies developed in an Ontario publicly funded academic research institution. OCE seeks applications for later stage Market Readiness projects to support companies at the product launch phase.
- Up to $250,000 per opportunity.
- Investments from the Special Energy Fund for transformative energy technologies including energy data management, energy storage, and grid-control and management technologies.
- Companies may apply if they are commercializing energy-related IP developed in an academic institution.
- A convertible debenture will be issued. Investment by a third party is required.
- This is a competitive process; those that apply may not be approved for investment.
- Further rounds may be announced.
1. Review the attached program guidelines for eligibility and other criteria. Check out the OCE website. http://www.oce-ontario.org/programs/commercialization-programs/market-readiness/market-readiness-phase-iii-product-launch
2. Contact your OCE Business Development Manager to submit an application. http://www.oce-ontario.org/contact-us/business-development-contacts
3. Application, supporting documentation and business plan must be submitted via OCE's online system by 12 noon, Wednesday October 10, 2012.
Timelines and Due Diligence
Aug 28, 2012
Call for Applications announcement
Sept 6, 2012
Deadline for applications package and business plan
Panel selects the application for due diligence.
Notification to all applicants
Oct 22, 2012
Due diligence - internal and external
Oct 22,2012 Jan 3,2013
Presentation to External Panel
Jan 23, 2013
End of Jan 2013
Announcement of Awards