Bilateral R&D Funding Opportunity for Canadian and Brazilian Companies
ISTPCanada Announces Three Calls for Proposals for Canada-Brazil R&D Projects
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: June 11, 2012
CFP Information Sessions: May 8, 2012 and May 29, 2012
Please refer to the Canada-Brazil Calls for Proposals
International Science and Technology Partnerships Canada (ISTPCanada) and Brazilian partners, together with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), are hosting Calls for Proposals (CFP) for industry-led collaborative R&D projects between Canada and Brazil.
The Calls invite companies from Canada and Brazil to propose bilateral R&D projects for the joint development of innovative products or processes. Academic institutions, research hospitals, other institutes, or research associations are strongly encouraged to participate in the projects as co-investigators.
The CFPs aim to stimulate innovative R&D cooperation that address a specific market need or challenge; demonstrate high commercial potential; and deliver benefit to all participants, and more broadly, to both countries.
ISTPCanada and its partners will accept quality application in the following sectors:
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Ocean Science and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Green Energy & Clean Technologies
On the Canadian side, funding recipients are eligible to receive up to a maximum of CDN $400,000 or up to 50 percent of the total R&D project value.
- ISTPCanada will award funding to Canadian companies as a non-repayable contribution. These recipients are not required to repay this contribution at the completion of the project.
- NSERC will award funding directly to collaborating Canadian university and college researchers as a non-repayable grant if the project has an integrated CRD (Collaborative R&D) or ARD (Applied R&D) component.
ISTPCanada is partnering with several state research foundations and a federal research foundation on this bilateral Call for Proposals.
A Brazilian company from:
- The state of Sao Paulo will receive funding from FAPESP
- The state of Minas Gerais will receive funding from FAPEMIG
- The state of Pernambuco will receive funding from FACEPE
- Any other state is required to secure its own funding for their component of the project; funding may be acquired from state research foundations that include, but are not limited to: FAPERJ (the Rio de Janeiro State Foundation to Support Research); and CNPq (the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
Please learn about the full details on this CFP and to access the CFP related documents.
Register for a CFP Information Session:
All Canadian lead applicants and their Brazilian partners are strongly encouraged to participate in one of the CFP information sessions to be hosted via webcast by ISTPCanada. Sessions will be held on May 8, 2012 and May 29, 2012 at 2PM EST.
To register, please provide your name, title, organization, email address and phone number, along with the date and time of the session you would like to attend, via email to: email@example.com
For additional information about these CFPs, please contact Bharat Rudra, Country Manager for Brazil at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.729.3069, ext. 224.